Do you know that your body is made up of 75% water and that it relies on water to regulate, protect and maintain all the functions within the body? Water is as important as the air you breathe yet so many of us, to our detriment, down play its importance.
Here are 5 dangers of not drinking enough water:
- Dehydration accounts for over 90% of sicknesses. When your body loses more fluids than it takes in, dehydration slows down the activities that are so crucial to your survival. Dehydration causes tiredness; digestion, mental and emotional problems; blood disorders and death.
- Fatigue resulting from dehydration can affect your memory, mental focus and work performance. While tea, coffee and energy drink temporarily reduces fatigue it does not replace the need for pure water. Water refreshes you and keeps you energized.
- Joints and Muscle Pains arekept at bay when your body is hydrated and waterlubricates, moistens and cushions your joints and muscles. When you don’t drink enough water, lactic acid can collect and cause your joints and muscles to become sore and stiff. This can cause severe pain.
- Kidney Stone formswhen your kidneys remove toxic wastes from your organs and the wastes are not flushed out of your system. When you don’t drink enough water this essential function is compromise and as a result you are exposed to a very painful condition.
- Water Retention slows down your body’s attempt to flush out toxic wastes. When you are dehydrated your body goes into survival mode and holds on to as much water as possible. Water retention causes constipation, fatigue and weight gain.
Water keeps you healthy and energized. Drink an additional glass today and it will change your life forever.
“Dehydration fatigue Key energy robber.” <http://www.healthy-water-best-filters.com/dehydration-fatigue.html/>
“Water, Elixir of Life.” David Haworth. <http://www.savvyvegetarian.com/articles/water-elixir-life.php/>
“Dehydration. ” Mayo Clinic staff. <http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/dehydration/DS00561/>
“Kidney Stones.” Mayo Clinic staff. <http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/kidney-stones/DS00282/>